Thursday, December 13, 2007

Katelyn's 1st Birthday

Happy Birthday to Katelyn. November 18th was the big 1! We celebrated on November 24th with a raging duck party. Those here for the celebration were us, Nama, Papa, Mike, and Holly. Katelyn fell asleep just before party time so we had to postpone the party for a little while. Here she is giving the "I'm one" sign.


I ordered a 3-D duck pan off e-bay. It turned out O.K. but I wasn't thinking and put rainbow chip frosting on it so it kind of looks like a duck with colorful measles.

I also made a cheesecake with homemade caramel sauce died blue for water. I ordered some fairy tale rubber ducks to decorate. My favorite part of this recipe is the carmalized walnuts so I couldn't do without those. Just pretend they are the loyal subjects of the king and queen duck. This was for all of us who didn't get to play in the duck cake.

Katelyn was a little unsure at first. Why was there a cake in the middle of the table and why was everyone looking at her?


It didn't take long for her to warm up to the duck. She poked, smashed, smeared and ate the duck into oblivion.

We plopped her into the sink and hosed her down when it was all over. The cake smeared everywhere wasn't the hardest of the aftermath. It was the sugar high. Oh my Goodness! She was everywhere. It took several hours before she finally calmed down.

First birthdays are the best!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my hair, that has to be the cutest child on the planet! There's nothing like a kid sitting in the middle of a table, in a diaper, smearing cake all over to make a first birthday fabulous! Seeing those pics makes me hungry for a rainbow chip cake...hmmm...you guys want to come over for cake later? :) ha, ha. Love that girl. So glad she's in our family.
    XOXO,
    Hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn is so cute. Happy birthday! it looks like she had lots of fun eating her cake too. What a fun party. The caramel sauce looks familiar. I remember your mom making it for all of you and your family on birthdays. The tradition continues.
    I hope you have lots of fun in Idaho on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive