Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas 2007

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas, 07. We did. We celebrated on Kauai with three fun parties before we left for Idaho. One with Mike and Holly to open the gifts to one another. One for Rusty's work. Kids were invited and Santa made a special trip to deliver treats to the kids. Then the next night Santa came back to our church party where we were treated to imu pork and turkey, among other delicous foods. We left for Idaho on Dec. 20th at 9:00 P.M. We made the trip to Idaho with only two major complications. We had an extra 3 hour layover in L.A. for a grand total of 6 hours. The girls were real troopers. The worst part about it was that it was soooo cold, even in L.A. (atleast for us). When we got to Salt Lake City we were one bag short. We figure someone must have taken our bag by mistake because there was one very similar to ours left from our flight. Eventually they returned it and the airline flew it to Pocatello. We got it December 23rd. In the meantime we made due by buying some clearance items at Shopko.


Our christmas gingerbread train.

We had the special treat of meeting our new nephew/cousin, Payton Aaron Olsen once we got to Pocatello. He is the most handsome little honey you ever did see. Tucker, our other nephew was alot more respectful of Katelyn now that she can walk. Atleast he didn't try to hit her every time he saw her-until the last couple of days we were there.

Kyleigh with new baby cousin, Payton.

We did all sorts of fun things in Idaho. Kyleigh helped GG with everything, including making sugar cookies, watching the cranberries pop, and re-decorating the tree after the babies (Tucker and Katelyn) removed ornaments. We had a party with the Graves family on the 23rd and one with the Larsen family on the 24th.


KyKy watching the cranberries pop with GG.

Rusty and I got to go sledding one night. Tyler, our brother in law works at Les Scwab tires so he got some really good tubes and we went to a hill near ISU at night. We went with my sister Darci and her fiance Dan, my brother Nate, and my sister Rissie and her husband Tyler. Of course "normal" tubing was quickly taken over by jumps, shovel sledding, group tube chains, spinning wildly, and human michelin man sledding.

Katelyn, KyKy, Payton and Tucker. Smile (yea right)

Rusty had to come back to Kauai for work a week earlier than I came back. We left the girls with my mom and I took him back to the airport. We stayed overnight in Salt Lake. We got to go to Olive Garden for dinner, the Salt Lake Temple, and around Temple square in a carriage. I've always wanted to do that.


Kyleigh and daddy building a fabulous snowman.

I can't name all of the fabulous gifts we received because I know I would leave something out. I will say the most treasured gift I got was a picture of my mom and dad that they secretly had taken. I have it proudly displayed on my counter. Of course, the best part of the whole season was catching up with friends and family through Christmas cards, and visits. I am already looking forward to the next holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! That Payton is a honey! He looks exactly like Tucker did in his baby pics...you'd think they were brothers or something!! ha,ha. Fun snowman and gingerbread train too! So glad you guys had so much fun back in ID! We missed your guts out and are so glad you are back!
    Love ya,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun Christmas celebration. It sounds like your sledding trip was lots of fun. I miss that Idaho snow. I love the pictures of the 4 causins. CUTE!
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive