Friday, November 21, 2008

Katelyn turns 2!!!

Katelyn turned 2 on November 18th. I can't believe she got so old so fast. It seemed to take so much longer for Kyleigh to reach her second birthday. We celebrated with two parties. The first was in Idaho with my family. She really didn't understand much of what was going on and she slept through her birthday dinner. The cake and presents woke her up. Especially when she opened a baby doll WITH a carseat. She carried it around the rest of the night, and it was the first thing she wanted the next morning.

We got back to Kauai the night of the 17th. On the 18th we had her party here. It was just us and Mike and Holly. She was more aware of the excitement of presents this time. She opened a box from Nama and Papa and got another new baby (you can never have too many) and a travel aquadoodle, along with lots of little snacks. Aunt Karla and Uncle Mel gave her a fabulous book called "Where are my slippers." It is a book written by a pediatrician that practices on Kauai and illustrated by his wife who owns an art gallery just down the road. It is about a pair of lost slippers (flip flops) that teaches about colors and animals. I highly recommend all of Dr. Carolan's books. Mike and Holly showed up with the exact same gift that we bought for Katelyn. It was a set of wooden blocks to build with. We thought it was so funny that Holly chose the same thing I did out of all the toys at Walmart. We decided to keep both sets of blocks for double the tower building fun. They also brought her some art supplies and a thing of chapstick. The chapstick turned out to be her favorite thing of the night. You can see it in the picture below.

The party was a butterly party. The table was set with butterfly hats and butterfly blower things. I put a baby picture of Katelyn in a butterfly frame so we could see how much she has grown. I even cut out the meatballs that we had for dinner with a butterfly cookie cutter. Cheesy, I know, but fun.

We made a fun butterfly cake. Before dinner we tried to get the perfect picture of the cake. Here is one of the attempts.... (Katelyn just wanted an M&M, so we couldn't get her to look up and smile)


And here is what happened in the process...

I can't believe I got this picture. I snapped at just the right time. It fell on the counter so we just scraped the frosting off the counter and patched up the cake. After the fix it looked like a butterfly does after it has been caught 12 times by a little kid. In the end it tasted good and Katelyn thought it was funny that frosting got on her toes and on daddy's hands (I promise we didn't reuse the hand/toe frosting).

Happy Birthday Katelyn!




1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! Looks like she really had a fun birthday party!!! I need to hire you to make my birthday cakes, you do an awesome m&m'y job!

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive