Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Visit with Grandma and Grandpa Keeling
We were so lucky to get to see Grandma and Grandpa Keeling in Thatcher, Arizona before we flew back to Kauai at Christmas (I know, the Christmas posts are getting a little old, but we couldn't not tell about it.) I have been waiting to get pictures from Holly that show the conch shell lessons before I made this post. We had a great visit. We were talking about Hawaii (Grandma and Grandpa were regular visitors for many, many years), and Grandma went into the bedroom to get some conch shells to show us. Grandpa demonstrated some very impressive conch shell blowing ability and we all tried to duplicate it. None of us were near as good as him, but it was fun trying. It was especially funny to watch Rusty (note the out of order pictures below). He got totally gassed trying to make a noise, and all that happened was a funny little squeaky noise. He kept trying and got the conch shell all spitty, then tried to hand it back to Grandpa to demonstrate again. Grandpa started laughing and kind of looked at the spitty conch shell with a yeah right look. Eventually Rusty caught on. Grandma complimented the "feminine" conch sound that I produced. Mike and Holly caught on quickly. Even the girls tried a couple of times. Yumm, family germs. Grandma also brought out some of her jewelery and the girls had fun trying it on. Kyleigh was happy to see Wilky (the dog) again. We just wish we could have stayed longer.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sounds like fun. There is never a dull moment around the Cook family. I would like to know what a conch sounds like.
ReplyDeleteI am finally out of the dark. I got my internet hooked up yesterday! Yeeha. I have had three sick kids for the past week.