We are really looking forward to our trip. Are we crazy? Yea, probably. I'll let you know how it goes.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Cook family in training
We are officially in training. Mike came up with this crazy plan to go on a 4 day, 30ish mile backpacking trip in New Mexico. He easily convinced Rusty to go along and between the two of them, with a little work, they convinced Holly and I. On August 2nd we are departing on our backpacking trip. Rusty is going to carry gear for all four of us (it's a good thing I'm married to superman), and I am going to carry Katelyn. Kyleigh is hiking packless on her own. We bought a new kidpack for Katelyn because the one we had was ridiculously heavy and uncomfortable. The new one is a sherpani rumba superlight. LOVE IT! Two weekends ago we went on a 6 mile hike and this weekend we stretched it out to a really intense 8.3 mile loop hike. I carried Katelyn all but about a mile at the beginning, which she hiked herself. Kyleigh is an amazing 5 year old. She hung in the whole way. She has learned to tell us as soon as her feet hurt so we can tape them and prevent any blistering. She lets us know when she needs a rest and is quick to jump back up and get going when it is time. Rusty and I woke up the next morning really really sore. We asked Kyleigh how she was feeling. She wasn't sure what we meant. We asked her if her legs were sore. She looked kind of confused and said, "No, why would they be?"
We are really looking forward to our trip. Are we crazy? Yea, probably. I'll let you know how it goes.

We are really looking forward to our trip. Are we crazy? Yea, probably. I'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Kyky is AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited to go! What a fun adventure it will be. Glad you had so much fun on Saturday!
Love ya,
Holly
You people are nuts! Hope you have fun . . . let me know when you will be in Idaho. I am thinking that Alma will be done with her casting by then so I will try to come home for at least a week. But then it all depends on the doctors of course!
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! You guys are amazing! I hope you have a great time!
ReplyDeleteYou're psychotic. I don't know what happened to you. haha I love you! I can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete