Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Chinese hat dance...recital
Kyleigh just finished her winter showcase dance recital, titled "nutcracker sweets." Her class performed the chinese hat dance. Kyleigh did a great job. She practiced and practiced and had the steps down pat. She practiced so much that at her last class she was finishing the steps half way through the music. Her teacher reminded her to slow down, and she did a great job at the recital. I was the class chaperone and had the job of wrestling with the chinese hats. All of them were broken and the straps were duck taped to the hats. When I had the girls lined up outside the stage two of the hats came untaped. I quickly fixed them with more duck tape. Crisis averted. Then when we were lined up on the side of the stage one of the same hats popped off again. I was out of duck tape and she went on with her hat on halfway. She had to pull it off and kick it to the side to keep dancing. I've decided that I'm not much of a stage mom and chaperoning at dance recitals stresses me out, but Kyleigh liked having me with her so I guess I'll do what I have to do. Katelyn has been dancing the chinese dance all over the house every day. One more year and she can start ballet also.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment