Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rusty's Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Rusty! We had our party last night. The girls made a fingerpaint poster for Daddy in the morning. We also made him two apple pies. That was his request in lieu of cake. He needed two pies because his first food love is pie for breakfast, so we had to have leftovers. Pie making is not my forte. However, I tried a different method with each pie and came up with some new apple pie baking preferences. Then I talked to my mom and she already knew what I had to experiment to find out. I should have just called first. I also got to use a pie crust recipe that I haven't used since I took pie's 4-H in high school from Joylynn. For dinner we had filet mignon steaks, baked/mashed potatoes (fixed like baked potatoes, but boiled as a method of cooking), green salad, jello salad, and corn. Kyky made Rusty a special green crown to wear and gave him a chess game so he could teach her how to play chess. Other fun gifts included gift cards to home depot and borders, a water bladder for bike rides, more juggling clubs so he can learn to juggle with more than three clubs, a daily spanish phrase calender, and a big book of magic tricks. He is a man of many hobbies. Happy Birthday Russ!




My apple pie tip: add quite a few more apples than the recipe call for and steam them for ten minutes or so before mixing on the sugary stuff. Then the apples fit in the pie pan and there are lots of them in the pie. I'm probably the last to know.


1 comment:

  1. A birthday party truly fit for a king! I'll bet your pies were tops!
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive