For those of you who don't know, baby boy Cook has an official name... and the
winner is
Ridge Michael Cook!
His stats were as follow:
Date of Birth - Feb. 6, 2010, Saturday
Time of Birth - 10:05 P.M.
Weight - 8 lbs. 11.7 oz.
Length - 20 3/4 inches
Chest - 13 3/4 inches
Head - 14 3/4 inches
Apgar scores - 8, 9
Delivery Doctor - David McDonald
Ridge's birthday was a busy day:
6:00 am - Rusty left for work in Lihue. He had a few things he had to do on a Saturday.
8:00 am - me and the girls woke up and did our morning chores. We had a bunch of errands to run and no one really wanted to do them. I bribed the girls into being good sports by telling them I would get them donuts for breakfast in Lihue. Kyleigh told me she hadn't had donuts for breakfast since last Christmas at Nama's house (2008) so they were all over the donut idea.
9:00 am - got donuts and met Rusty at Costco. We ate the donuts on their outdoor tables and waited for the doors to open. I needed new tires so we left my car there and I took Rusty back to work and used his truck for errands. Before we took Rusty back to work he had to run into home depot. They were having their make and take kids Saturday. The girls got a home depot apron and they made a little matchbox car display.
10:00 am - Went to the bank and Walmart. Rusty forgot some stuff in his truck so we had to go back to his work and take it to him. The line at the bank was 15 minutes long and the girls were restless. I had to hold Katelyn to keep her from running out the door.
12:00 pm - Back to Costco to do some shopping. Ran into Holly and Naiya so we finished shopping together and decided to eat lunch at the gourmet Costco food stand. Hey, one more meal I didn't have to make or clean up after. Rusty was finished with work by this time so he met us at Costco and ate lunch with us.
2:00 pm - Decided to go swimming. Borrowed a pool key and went to the pool. The last time I wore my swimming suit the plastic side piece on the bottoms split in half so it was shorts and a t-shirt for me. I mostly sat on the edge and put me feet in the water. The girls and Rusty had a blast.
5:00 pm - went to the golf course so the girls could ride bikes and Jake could have a walk.
6:30 pm - home for dinner.
8:00 pm - showered the girls and put them in bed. Kissed the girls goodnight. Started having contractions.
8:25 pm - had Russ call Mike and Holly and put them on call. Before the phone conversation was over told him to let them know it wasn't just on call. We would be right over. Got the girls up (they weren't asleep yet). Loaded up the car with suitcases, car seat, baby stuff, Jake and girls. It took a few minutes.
8:55 pm - Finally made it to Mike and Holly's. They live on a REALLY bumpy road. We had to stop once on the way to their house and twice on the way back to the highway. Contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart.
9:20 pm - made it to the hospital. Rusty was a crazy wild man driver. I needed him to be. There is only one lane at the entrance to the hospital and a line of cars were in front of us waiting for the red light. Rusty drove around them, over the grass, and between two large pots put there to prevent people from driving over the grass. He was going so fast I didn't have time to tell him where to turn so we ended up going all the way around the hospital. He left the car running and helped me in. They checked me in really quick. Rusty ran out and parked the truck. I sat in the wheelchair for five minutes making a lot of noise. Rusty asked again how long it would be. "They will be right down." He was watching his watch. 5 more minutes. I looked at the benches next to me and seriously thought about laying down. Some people came into the waiting room. I was really making a lot of noise. I wonder what they were thinking? The nurse came 4 minutes later.
9:35 pm - We made it to labor and delivery. The nurse called in backup. They got my doctor on his way and called up the ER doctor.
9:40 pm - The ER doctor walked in. The first thing he said was, "the last time I delivered a baby it was a C-section." He then asked if the monitor was showing mom's heart rate or baby's (the heart rate was 150). Rusty and I looked at each other. Both of us were thinking, Oh, crap.
9:50 pm - I asked the nurse how much longer. She promised me a baby before midnight. I looked at her like she was crazy and said "how about 10:00?" She looked at me like I was crazy and said "that's in five minutes."
10:03 pm - Dr. McDonald walked in. We both breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. He calmly asked how things were going. The nurse said, "we're ready for you."
10:05 pm - Dr. McDonald had his hands scubbed, his sterile coat on, and one sterile glove. He caught the baby's head with one hand while the nurse put on his second glove.
Happy Birthday Ridge!

Oh my hair. That stresses me out just reading it! My heart was pumping FOR you, all over again! I love how many million things you packed into that day. Good honk, I feel like a lazy bum! ha, ha. My real question is this: WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE UNCLE MIKE AND HOLLY THINKING WHEN WE DIDN'T MEET YOU OUT ON THE MAIN ROAD?????? HELLOOOOOOO???? So sorry dear Mandie! So glad he's here. I miss him...right now...I'll be over in a few. :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Holly
Busy day! I have to agree with you Holly, what were you guys thinking?! haha... so glad baby Ridge is here. Can't wait to meet him! (He will probably be a year old by the time I meet him!)
ReplyDeleteWOW! What a crazy day! Must have been a bugger without an epidural. I can't imagine. I love the name Ridge.
ReplyDeleteShauna