Wednesday-dinner at Poipu beach park, ice cream at Lapperts.
Thursday - lunches at the beach, Poipu Beach day, farkle and family stories. Steve taught us to play farkle a couple of years ago and it became a family classic.
Friday - Na Pali Charter. I have attempted being on chartered boats twice now. The first time I fed the fish (threw up over the edge of the boat). The second time I took some medication and felt like I wanted to throw myself overboard to feed the fish. Needless to say, I did not go on this one. I stayed home with all the kids. Everybody else had a great time and I'm glad they got to go.
Saturday - Jungle hike (pics on separate post), Kalapaki beach with paddleboards, and Kyleigh's dance recital (another separate post).
Sunday - Steve went home. We wish he could have stayed another week. Kokee hot dog roast. Kokee is the only place we can go where we need to wear jackets in the evening. It is so fun to wear our jackets. No really, it is.
Monday - made hippie salve. Hippie salve is a recipe for topical skin ailments made with medicinal plants. Mike and Holly started making it when Katelyn was having lots of skin problems. They also named it. The official name is MH hippie salve and we love it.
Tuesday - bike riding at the golf course. I guess it just took someone to show off for, but Kyleigh finally decided she was going to officially be a bike rider. Both her and Katelyn improved significantly in one night.
Wednesday - pack meeting (edible fires and demonstration on bow drill fires). Rusty is the cubmaster and he talked Mike into doing the demonstration for us. He is the family expert on bow drill fires. The kids were all in awe.
Thursday - picked up GG and Gpa. Potato bar and noodle ball with s'mores. Noodle ball is a game where there are two teams and everyone has a pool noodle. You try to hit a large inflatable ball to your goal. Rusty was on Kyleigh's team and he taught her a strategy. He told her to run around and hit everyone in the face so they would be distracted and he could hit the ball. What can I even say about that? I'll make a separate post for my parents visit, but this is where their visit began.
Friday - golfing at Kukuiolono (Russ, Mike, Merrill and Dad). Dinner at the Aston. This was our anniversary (11 years and still going strong) so we got a babysitter and all the adults went to the Aston. They have an all you can eat prime rib and crab leg buffet on Friday nights. All you can eat crab is like my Disneyland. I kept coming back with huge plates of crab and nothing else. They also had a ginormous chocolate fountain. Could it get any better? Everyone was finished while I was still eating. I went to ask one of the servers a question at the end of the meal. Someone mentioned that I had gone to ask a question then looked up and said, "Oh, I guess not, she's at the dessert table again." Is there anyone who can walk past a monstrous chocolate fountain and not stop?
Saturday - Hanalei - saw Rusty's project at St. Regis Hotel and spent the day at Hanalei bay. The kids jumped off the pier, and Rusty and Kyleigh saw a manta ray while they were snorkeling.
Sunday - blessed Ridge (another post). Rode bikes again at the golf course.
Typical Sunday afternoon. Mike is riling up the dogs by doing karate kicks and running around in circles.







These posts are too cute! Thanks for getting them down for posterity! :) Love you guys...and all the adventures. :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Holly