Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Thanksgiving 2010
This Thanksgiving was all about good food and good friends. We ate dinner at the Petersons for the second year. Dawn went all out on fabulous decor for the feast. She even went so far as to buy matching bibs for Ridge and Aliya. Don't they look so cute! We had a pre-thanksgiving craft day where we weaved placemats and made pilgrim hats. We ate dinner around 1:30 on Thanksgiving Day. After dinner Holly, Dawn, and Rusty (yes, you read that right) studied the ads and made plans for their big black Friday shopping trip. The rest of us non-psycho shoppers ate pie and played in the yard. In the evening we went to the movies. Dawn, Jeff, Holly, and Mike went to Harry Potter and Rusty and I went with all of the kids to Tangled. Two thumbs up by us for Tangled. You know a movie is good when the adults enjoy it as much as the kids. At the end of the day everybody went to bed.....except the psycho shoppers. Holly, Rusty and Dawn left to shop at 11:00 p.m. and came home at 11:30 a.m. There is a story behind this shopping trip. Holly has begged me to go shopping on black Friday with her for many, many years. I have not budged. It sounds like absolute torture. Last year Rusty told Holly he would go with her next year. I said that was fine, Mike and I would sit around and eat cranberry muffins and chex mix. He stayed true to his word and is an official black Friday shopper. He has heard plenty about it at work. I'm just glad he did most of the Christmas shopping for the kids and I don't have to. Rusty stayed up the next day and we took the girls to the beach. By bedtime he was falling asleep while trying to read the girls a story. We had a great Thanksgiving and a great four day weekend. Big thanks to the Petersons for another fun Thanksgiving.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mandie- Ty wants you to know that he was the 1st to call Ridge, Ridge the Fride! He's HUGE! Soooo handsome. And Holly, OMG! She is so, so, SOOOO beautiful!!! ( I believe its Aliya? Don't want to spell it wrong!)
ReplyDeleteLove this post, love those pics! Man our babies are CUTENESS!! Hi Rissie Lou!!! Thanks for thinking she's cute! hee, hee. We love her beautiful little self so much. We miss you and wish we could see your darling little crew!
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is...THANKS RUSS!!! Black Friday was quite possibly the funnest (I know that's not a word, but it SOOOO fits) day ever! Russ is officially a shopping maniac!!! YAY! Such a raging good time. Love you guys!
Holly