Thursday, October 27, 2011

31

My birthday has come and gone. Rusty worked so hard to make it a special birthday. We had french toast with lillikoi syrup for breakfast. For dinner we went to Polihale and had a bbq. Really I can't think of a better place to spend a birthday. Not only the place, but the company. My Mom and Dad AND Merrill and Nancy were here. That was a first and I'm not sure it will ever happen again. It was great. Rusty fretted and stewed over my birthday present for months. He always asks me what I want. I always think of things and mention them in passing, but when it comes right down to a reason for a gift I forget all of those things and can't think of what to tell him. He wanted to buy me a new kitchen-aid. Mine was turning on at medium power so every time you used it flour and everything else was flying all over the kitchen. I tried out Heidi's bosch and Shaun's new model of kitchen-aid. I really just wanted mine to work again. I feel like it is an old friend and I would be untrue to our friendship if I just sold it away. Like it hasn't been working hard for me for ten years. So after I tried out new mixers and Rusty did tons of research and was ready to order my new kitchen-aid birthday present, I asked him to try and fix mine one more time. He fixed it, and I was so happy. He was so upset that he didn't have a birthday present to get. We did some more research. This time on food processors. We settled on one and they even had it on island. I wasn't sure if I would love having one, but it is my new best friend (not over my old best friend, the kitchen-aid). He also took the girls to Kmart and they picked out some things for me. They are observant little things. Kyleigh chose a new watch that I love and wear every day. Katelyn chose an insulated water bottle. Also something I love and use every day. I got so many other nice things. Really, I am so spoiled. Thanks everyone! To top off all the amazingness my Mom made me a birthday cake. My Mom's birthday cake is the best and only birthday cake that should be made on planet earth. It is a made from scratch white cake with green seven minute frosting and coconut sprinkled on top. I had to share it with everyone and I was very sad about that. So she made me another one. I gained an undisclosable number of pounds when she was here. Who cares, you just can't beat a mom. Happy Birthday to me.





























1 comment:



Blog Archive