Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rusty's Birthday

Happy Birthday to Russ!  As usual his birthday wish consisted of really good food.  I did my best with a full on turkey dinner and three pies for dessert.  A highlight of the night was watching him and Ridge open the present Ridge got for him.  He picked it out himself at the thrift store.  It was a toy firetruck. Shocker, I know.  He quickly grabbed it for Rusty to open first.  He helped him open it, and then jumped off his lap and played with it for the rest of the night.  Just the fact that he allowed it to be wrapped and controlled himself from opening it before the party is evidence that he is growing up.  Mike and Holly and the girls came over and gave Russ a snow shovel.  He had been having some snow shovel envy since Holly had purchased one for them a few weeks earlier.  He was pretty excited about that.  Kyleigh made him a duck tape pillow.  Duck tape is her new favorite art supply.  Katelyn picked out a pair of work pants from the thrift store and was excited to give those to him.  I gave Russ the gift of a new talent.  A NEW UNICYCLE!  I think he should learn to ride it and then do so while juggling his pins I got him for Christmas a few years ago.  There isn't anything wrong having the circus as a backup plan, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive