Saturday, May 7, 2016

Angel's Landing


 The day after we hiked the Subway Jenny had to head back to Albuquerque with Brianna and Jason following.  Jason had a mission in Alb. to ask Don if he could marry our sweet niece Brianna.  After we had the chance to spend a couple of days with Jason we were all for it.  Mike, Rusty, and I decided to hang around for a few hours and see more of Zions National Park.  Our first choice was hiking Angels Landing.  After all of the things I had read about the Subway hike on the internet I thought it was far less dangerous than the rest of the world thought.  Or atleast the people writing stuff about it on the internet.  Now Angels Landing, on the other hand, was about 100 times more dangerous than Subway with about 400 times the people.  It was crazy.  Every time you went up or down a set of chains you had to wait for a group of people who were traveling in the opposite direction.  And holy sheer cliffs batman.  I don't think I could take my kids on that hike without having daymares about them falling for weeks or months.  And I am not afraid of heights.  As usual, I was glad I did it despite the craziness.  One more thing to check off the list.





No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive