Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween has not been a holiday for us this year. Rather, it is a season. We started out the Falloween season with a halloween party for the girls. The Giles family had the party. Kyleigh is just between their two oldest girls, and Katelyn is the same age as their youngest. There were 17 kids, I repeat... 17 kids participating in the party. That doesn't include the babies, of which there were 2 sets of twins. Wendi is so brave. The kids had a total blast decorating haunted houses and pumpkins, doing a costume parade and playing games.



Next was the cub scout halloween pack meeting (for those of you who don't know Rusty and I are den leaders. Rusty also serves in the elders quorum presidency). Each of the boys had a game planned. Rusty and I kept things moving and did a decorate your own cupcake and make a pop up ghost card booth. It turned out really well. All of the boys enjoyed being in charge of a game and all of the families had fun.



Rusty and I went to a costume party last weekend. We had tons of fun there, too. Rusty was a washing machine, complete with dirty socks on the top. I was a dryer, complete with a picture of my own clean laundry behind the dryer door. Mike and Holly were the burger king and dairy queen.



We carved a pumpkin for family home evening on Monday. Katelyn has had a terrible rash and had already had her bath for the night, so she didn't get into it too much. Kyleigh played with the pumpkin guts until it was a smooth ball of schmooooog. She wanted to keep it in the fridge and try to bake it the next day. We made her throw it away and once again we were the meanest parents ever. What to do, what to do.



Tuesday night was trunk or treating/games/chili cook-off at the church. It started to rain before the trunk or treating so it was actually table or treating. The people in our ward are so generous. They give out chips, full size candy bars in cute bags, toys, cookies, pretzels, and handfuls of candy. It is nothing like a student ward. For trunk or treating Katelyn dressed up as a box of laundry detergent. Get it... to go with the washer and dryer. Kyleigh was cinderella. That's kind of a stretch of the imagination. Cinderella doing laundry in her ball gown? Naiya was a small fry... with the burger king and dairy queen. Holly whipped Naiya's costume up a few hours before the trunk or treating. Notice the fry's and her ketchup headband. Seriously, have you ever seen anything so cute?

GG and Gpa and Nama and Papa both sent the girls a box of Halloween fun. We have been drinking from our pumpkin cups, eating candy, playing with the halloween finger puppets, wearing fun headbands, etc. The girls get so excited when a package comes for them.


The Peterson's brought us over a fabulous plate of halloween goodies one night. There were spiders, eyeballs, and the whole nine yards. I have never gotten a plate of Halloween goodies. How fun is that!



We leave for Boise on the night of the 30th, so our celebration is not over yet.



Happy Halloween to everyone.

























3 comments:

  1. Okay, that "goo ball of goodness" is HILARIOUS!!! So Kyky. I can just picture her working on that work of art so it turns out "just so". :) Love the laundry fam too. And I must admit, my kid IS pretty cute. Man I love her. Thanks for being the craft store for me. Only you would have everything for such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, how fun.. I love the small fry Holly good job. And you all look so good, we love the fun of halloween too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandie,
    Happy Halloween! We moved here to Holbrook, and I have been lookng for my phone so I can get your number off of it. I may call your parents to get it. If you are down this way, I would love to come and visit you.
    I love the costumes. You are always so creative. That ball of goo looked like it got a lot of use.

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive