Thursday, March 19, 2009
Rusty turns 31!
Happy Birthday to Rusty. Yes, I know his birthday was in January, but it's never too late to mention that my handsome prince had a special day we don't want to forget. To celebrate, we had Mike and Holly over for dinner. I went all out with a four course meal. First we had a green salad, second cheeseburger soup, third was the main course-bacon wrapped filet mignon, and for desert we had an array of goodness. Rusty went back and forth for weeks on his choice of dessert. He wanted either a cheesecake, a pumpkin pie, or a peach pie. I made him a pumpkin cheesecake, and three miniature pies. They were peach, apple, and triple berry. As far as gifts, he had recently been to Hana Paa Divers on Oahu and loaded up on new spearfishing gear. So instead of spending alot of money I gave him the best thing ever, I cleaned up the rotten oranges from the orange tree in our back yard. That is pretty much the worst job ever. After they fall from the tree the bugs dig in and eat the whole inside, leaving only the shell. When you get one that is half eaten the bugs slime out while you are trying to get it to stay on your shovel. I don't know if it is all mental or not, but when you are finished you itch for a day. Anyway, I took a picture of the oranges on the ground, then an after picture. I printed them and put them on the table so he would see I am the best wife ever. I also gave him a box full of peach kerns. Peach kerns is Rusty's drink of choice for unwinding after a hard day. Mike and Holly gave him a new backpack for adventures and a pair of clippers with a keychain attached. In case you didn't know, Rusty is the designated family finger/toe nail clipper for kids. Every Sunday he whips out his clippers and three sweet little girls (Kyky, Katelyn, and Naiya) throw mini fits until the job is done. Well, he had a good birthday, so until next year, Happy Birthday Russ!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a fun birthday! With Mandie as the cook (no pun intended)it would be a terrible hard decision of what dessert to choose. How nice to clean out oranges full of creepy crawlers.
ReplyDelete