Monday, May 11, 2009
Naiya is ONE!!!
It seems like it was just yesterday that we met our little Naiya for the first time. Was there ever life without her? It seems hard to remember. We love her so much. For her first birthday we had a super fun party at Mike and Holly's. The entertainment included a raging game of noodle ball. Noodle ball is where you try to hit one of the small 99 cent grocery store balls with a swimming noodle to your goal. The only rule is that you can only hit the ball with your noodle. My favorite part about the picture of noodle ball is that Rusty is carrying Naiya and Mike is carrying Katelyn. That's kind of the way things work around here. All of the kids are all of our kids.
We also had a disk toss game.
The prizes were water squirters, which the girls haven't stopped using.
We got Naiya two presents, one she can use with Mom and one with Dad. Kyky and Katelyn each wrapped one present with white tissue paper,then got to decorate their box with stickers and crayons. Her "Dad" present was her first set of rock climbing holds, an airplane, a train and a boat. Her "Mom" present was a set of matching aprons that Kyleigh and I sewed together, one for her and one for Holly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So fun and so cute!! It's sounds like you guys have some GREAT friends there!! I am still very jealous that you live in Hawaii!!
ReplyDeleteOh my heck! How fun was that party? Why didn't Holly just throw her in the cake like you did with your girls? I can't believe YOU didn't throw her on top of it! Love you ALL!
ReplyDeleteI don't have to tell you how I feel about a "dad" present and a "mom" present. . . but it looks like you had fun anyways! Naiya is adorable! Tell Mike and Holly congrats on making it through the first year. Maybe they can send some pointers out way . . .
ReplyDeleteOh Mandie. You made me smile big happy smiles with this post. :) You captured it all perfectly! Thank you for being such a wonderful aunt and uncle to our Nai! I love that we share kids. It's truly one of my favorite features of us. :) We put the holds up last night (thanks for sending them GG!) and Naiya walked right up to them and held on to it. So cute. Love our aprons too! We feel so festive and mother daughtery in them! Thank you so much for being so sweet to us!
ReplyDeleteHi Rissie! We finally did put her in the middle of the cake, but she didn't love it so much! It was still cute though. :) Give yourself and cute boys loves from us!
Hi Darci!
We are so pumped for the new girl to arrive! You will be an awesome mom. No pointers here, I'm still a newby! (sp?) Just love her, that's all they need really. :)
Love you!
Holly!!! I will definatley give love to my babies for you...as long as you kiss those sweet, adorable Naiya cheeks for me! I love her so much and I just want to steal her! I have all these nieces (with another on the way)... my team is losing big time! Someone needs to have a boy..and speedy! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteMandie I didn't even notice that we had the same blog background until Rissie pointed it out. Maybe we have more in common than we ever knew! You know people mistake Jenny and I for sisters all the time, but it's usually because we talk alike.
ReplyDelete