Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tsunami scare

At 12:07 p.m. today I had Kyleigh go upstairs to retrieve my charging phone so I could call Russ to see if he was coming home for lunch. I saw that I had 11 missed calls. When I saw Rusty's name as all the missed calls I immediately called him back. He has NEVER called me that many times. He told he had received an email on his phone that there was a tsunami warning for 1:11 p.m. He wanted me to get on the weather service website and check for updates and specifics. What can you do in 1 hour and 4 minutes to prepare for potential disaster? Maybe fill up a few water bottles and start praying. That's not enough when I have a family to protect. I am again resolved to improve my food and water storage.

P.S. The watch was officially for the Samoan islands but could have been as far reaching as Hawaii. The watch had since been cancelled, but an advisory is still in effect. I guess we won't be going surfing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive