Thursday, September 24, 2009

Still under 30

I have only one more year until I hit the big 30. As for right now, I am still under 30! This year the girls picked out some very special gifts for me. I got...

- a bell for my bike. Katelyn is quick to say it is just like the bell on her bike and KyKy doesn't have a bell.
- yahtzee score card refill pack. Rusty and I have always loved yahtzee. One summer in college we played atleast 5 games a day. I just this month beat the high score, a record I have held for about 8 years. I got 4 yahtzee's in one game for a score of 619 points.
- dish cloths. I have gotten so much flack for my holy dish towels that even my kids thought it appropriate to buy me new dish cloths for my birthday. I have to admit that I love them.

Rusty got me a watch and a contraption to practice my golf swing. He also took me to my favorite sandwich shop. We got dinner to go and had a picnic and fed the fish at Kauai lagoons. My favorite is to put the bread in my toes and the fish nip at your feet. We also went to the movie, the time travelors wife. Mike and Holly made me a delicious pasta dinner with lime pie for dessert and gave me an ebay gift card. I'm still trying to decide what I need off of ebay. My mom and dad sent me a fun card and some money with strict instructions to buy something completely frivolous. Merrill and Nancy sent me a fun package with some shoes, a necklace, a shirt and tons of neccos.

I had a great birthday, with no pictures because it is usually me manning the camera and I can't take pictures of myself. I'm O.K. with turning 30 as long as I get another fun birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive