Tuesday, October 6, 2009
6 "B"'s
We are studying one of President Hinkley's 6 B's each week. This week we are studying be grateful. For our school cooking project we made cinnamon roll beehives. I got the idea off of sugardoodle.net. They suggested using the store bought cinnamon rolls, but we made ours from scratch. We made the dough, rolled it out a little thicker than usual, and cut the rolls. Then we rolled aluminum foil into a cone shaped ball with a flat bottom. We unrolled individual cinnamon rolls and loosely wrapped them around the foil balls and cooked them. When they were done we pulled out the foil and drizzled yellow dyed frosting over them. To finish the look we printed bee clip art, cut it out, glued it to toothpicks and stuck it into our beehives. Katelyn mostly snitched the dough and cinnamon sugar. When I told her to stop she looked me right in the eye and said, "I tant, I dust lub it (I can't, I just love it)."

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(77)
-
▼
October
(13)
- Halloween Treats
- A girls best friend
- I trimmed Katelyn's bangs on Saturday.Katelyn trim...
- Sewing
- Avacados
- Tea party
- What the girls learned today...
- Our little monkeys don't just jump on the bed...
- The Cooks cooking again
- Today's art project...Layered wax bead citrus cand...
- 6 "B"'s
- Finishing the unfinished
- School Projects
-
▼
October
(13)

No comments:
Post a Comment