Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter 2010

Don't be grossed out, just laugh (see below). I guess some things really don't matter when there are Easter eggs to collect. Notice I do not use the word "find," just collect. We had our second annual Cook/Giles Easter egg hunt. Last year we filled 240 Easter eggs for 6 kids. This year we had 230 eggs for 5 kids (Naiya and Holly were in Idaho). We did add two babies to the mix but they are a little too young for Easter egg hunts (Macy-6 months, Ridge-2 months). We combined our Easter egg hunt with a navajo taco dinner. Wendi made the best scones I have ever had. I ate so much dinner that I didn't have a cupcake for dessert. Anyone who knows me knows that I must have really eaten a lot because I LOVE dessert. Wendi has been called a pioneer reincarnated so it wasn't a huge surprise that her scones were so delicious. I brought the cupcakes and supplies and the girls decorated them to look like bunnies. Mike and Holly have moved since last year and they have a big grassy yard now, so we had the hunt at their house. It was a lot of fun and we look forward to doing it again.

The day before Easter we decorated eggs between conference sessions. The Easter Bunny hid them for the girls to find Easter morning and he also hid some big plastic eggs filled with candy. The girls were very excited. We had Easter dinner at our house with Mike. I think the girls had just as much fun peeling the hard boiled eggs as they did dying them. We also made a little Easter basket from a pattern on familyfun.com. We used an old T-shirt of Rusty's ripped into strips and dyed them in the leftover Easter egg dye, then wound them around the template from ff.

Earlier in the week we made handprint Easter lillies and put them in a vase. The girls have been somewhat craft starved since Ridge was born so they were happy to have a few Easter crafts.

I am always sad when Easter is over because it is the end of monthly holidays. On the other end it is always exciting to begin again when Halloween rolls around. I'm sure there is plenty to look forward to until then....






























No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive