Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Theme Week

The week after we got home from vacation, before soccer camp and school started, we had theme week. I knew we weren't going to have much to do all week, so I made a plan. The theme days were pirate day, tie-dye day, dog day, and shark day. I also planned snorkeling day, but we got busy and didn't get that done until just recently.

On pirate day we made silver pirate treasure coins. A.K.A. rice krispy treats wrapped in aluminum foil. Then we had a pirate treasure hunt around the house to find them.

Tie-dye day we made tie dye shirts and ice cream. I have had a tie-dye kit in my craft tower for a couple of years and we finally used it. The girls loved it. They were so excited to get their shirts out of they dryer. We made it a family affair and Ridge even got a onsie. The tie-dye ice cream was vanilla ice cream dyed several colors and layered. When you scooped it the colors swirled around each other. That was fun, too.

On dog day we visited the humane society to play with the puppies and made rocket dogs for dinner. The rocket dogs turned out so cute, we might have to make them again next fourth of July.

Shark day was another cupcake day. We made shark cupcakes and learned about sharks.

We all had something to look forward to. We all had fun. And nobody asked "what can I do now?" Yeah!













































1 comment:

  1. What a fun week. Sounds better than summer camp. I always love to see what fun things you do. It was fun to see you and the family a few months ago. I would like to have your recipe for chili rellanos sp? and sopapillas sp?
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive