Thursday, November 24, 2011

Murder Mystery Party

Disclaimer: this is a very old post that I never posted. We wanted to put it in our blog book, so here it is.

Fall, 2010, we had our first murder mystery party. In 2008 I ordered a murder mystery kit. It was 6 months after we had moved to Hawaii. We were just back from Christmas at home and I got home sick/island fever. It was the only time that I've really felt island fever. I decided I needed something to look forward to so I found what I wanted on Amazon. Timing never worked out and the kit sat in my closet for 2 1/2 years. Finally I bit the bullet and called up the Giles and the Petersons. We set up a date a month out and made it official in pen on the calendar. Everyone had a character and suggestions for dress. We went all out on a four course meal. One course after each scene. First we had chips and dip, second a taco salad with lime cilantro ranch dressing, then baked chicken taquitos. After we finished the murder mystery we had a chocolate fountain fondue. Wendi, the unassuming secretary, was the murderer. We discovered where the Peterson boys get their acting talent. John went all out and wore a tux. Come to think of it I think John secretly likes wearing tuxes. Holly got to play the part of promiscuous. Rusty was Big Bill Bradford, an oil tycoon and I was his eccentric wife. I even got to meditate. We had so much fun. I would love to do it again, especially with the same group. Sigh..

























No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive