Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

It's not Halloween if you don't carve pumpkins. Here's how our pumpkin carving went...

Katelyn wanted to know how big her head was compared to the pumpkin.
Kyleigh wanted to play with the pumpkin guts (she has always loved that).
Ridge wanted to eat candy. Then more candy, then more candy...

The girls each got to chose a pattern and Daddy cut them out of the pumpkin, with some help before interest waned. Katelyn chose a witch riding her broom and Kyleigh chose a cat. The cat didn't get finished until the next day.

I was so excited to make pumpkin pie milkshakes. I have been craving them for a year now. This year I decided to try the frozen yogurt variety. I bought the yogurt and put it in my handy dandy iceless ice cream maker. It thickened into frozen yogurt and I added the spices and pumpkin. I think I got a little carried away with the spices. The cups sure looked pretty, but the result was extremely gross. We ended throwing 90% of it away.

The pumpkins looked really cute on the porch for about 3 days. Then black mold started growing all inside the pumpkin and spilling out the cuts. Within 5 days they collapsed and Rusty had to scrape them off the deck.

Fun while it lasted.
























No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive