Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

I love any excuse to make colored, shaped pancakes. Really I like to color and shape any food. Valentines Day is a great excuse to spice up the regular old stuff. We started off this years V-day with pink heart shaped pancakes. What a great way to start a big day.

For lunch we had heart shaped sandwiches with strawberries, chips, and smoothies. We have enough girls who are home-schooled near us that we made it a home-school valentines party. 7 girls total, including Kyleigh and Katelyn, came over for lunch. After we ate we did a bunch of crafts. We made candy rings, hersheys kiss rose bouquets, valentines mailboxes, and heart shaped crayons, decorated a valentines mailbox, learned how to twist roses from napkins, and decorated sugar cookies. We also had a valentines exchange. The girls were so excited about the valentines exchange. We got on our faithful website, familyfun.com, for ideas. Kyleigh chose to make an valentine that looked like an ipod, and Katelyn made owls that said, "I'll owl-ways be your friend." They turned out so cute. By the time we were done with all the crafts and the exchange they each had a mailbox full of fun treats and crafts.

By the time we finished with that party it was time to start working on our family Valentines dinner. I made heart shaped garlic french bread, bacon-chicken alfredo pasta in red heart shaped pans, and a salad, with plain white dressing. I know, white dressing is a disappointment. The girls got Valentines gifts from GG and Gpa, Nama and Papa, and Holly's sister Amy. I laid out all of their fun things next to their plates and called them in for dinner. They had so much fun looking through their Valentines treasures. For desert I had made cream puffs with red pudding. However, we were so sugared out from the treats that we saved them for another day.

The kids went to bed asking if they could have more candy before breakfast. I love Valentine's Day.

































1 comment:

  1. Mandie,
    I love it! What a fun day. I love to shape and color all food too. We are so much alike like that. I have to say though your dinner looks much better than mine. I made steak and ... well... it is better not shaped like a heart. Especially with A1 poured on top. It did look like a real one though. We had fondue after and that was pretty tasty though.

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive