Saturday, February 8, 2014

Christmas with Mom and Dad

Mom and Dad came up on a Saturday a few weeks before Christmas.  I was so excited for them to come.  We had it all planned out.  They were bringing a prime rib for a delicious dinner.  We were going to do presents and look at Christmas lights.  We only had about 24 hours with them so we were going to make the most of it.  They were set to arrive around 10:30 a.m.  At around 9 a.m., when they were well on their way, I started feeling sick.  I went to lay down and was still asleep when they got here.  I was terribly nauseous and felt all around awful.  The thought of going anywhere or doing anything made my head spin.  So we didn't go anywhere or do anything.  I finally did throw up, just in time for Kyleigh to start feeling sick.  Rusty followed shortly after Kyleigh.  It manifested itself differently in all of us, but it was definitely a stomach bug.  Kyleigh got the worst of it.  She was throwing up every 30 minutes for 5 or 6 hours.  We made it through dinner.  The prime rib was calling for me, but my stomach refused to allow me to give in.  Prime rib, just sitting in front of me.  My favorite food in the world and I didn't even get one bite.  That's a travesty.  We opened presents, with a few breaks to wait for Kyleigh while she was throwing up.  Mom and Dad looked like they wanted to huddle in the corner and not touch anything.  Maybe I just think that because that is what I would have been doing.  Despite the stomach bug, we were happy to have them here.  We hope they won't be afraid to come back and see us again.  Maybe they could bring some airborne?





No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive