Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rusty's Birthday

  We started Rusty's birthday with a breakfast of cranberry muffins with butter sauce, cheesy eggs, and grape juice.  Kyleigh came down wearing the shirt we found at the quarter sale.  It says "Peace  Love  Rusty  Forever."  Rusty is a brand and with words like that how could we refuse the shirt (especially for a quarter).  For lunch we got all of Rusty's favorites.  We had jalapeno poppers from sonic and a $6 guacamole bacon burger from Carl's Junior.  I love living close to everything.  Ridge had woke up later in the morning and had a late breakfast.  I got him some chicken nuggets at Carls Jr. and he scarfed them down like he was starving.  He stood up when he was done, stated that his stomach hurt, and promptly threw up everything he had eaten that day.  So for the end of his birthday lunch Rusty cleaned up vomit, while I cleaned up Ridge.  It should be noted that he did so without complaining, ON HIS BIRTHDAY.  Dad of the year award right there!  For dinner he wanted Navajo tacos.  Mike and Holly and the girls came over.  I also made a peach and apple pie for dessert.  Per Rusty's wish the Christmas tree was still up, decorated with streamers to make it the birthday tree.  He got a new helicopter to play with.  The last one broke just as we were moving into this house, and this is the perfect toy helicopter house.  He had a happy birthday so I guess we did our job.  Happy Birthday Russ.
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive