Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Thanksgiving weekend-Decorating for Christmas
O.K., so on the Saturday after Thanksgiving the weather was really rainy and windy. We couldn't hike, beach, kayak, etc. We decided it would be the perfect day to decorate for Christmas. We wanted to start with the Christmas tree, but this year we wanted something "Hawaiian." Here they use Norfolk pine trees, and we thought we might want to get one of those. We called and they didn't have any available that day. What to do, what to do? Rusty said, "I have an idea and I think you will really love it, or think I am really crazy." He went on to say, "we need to prune the orange tree anyway, why not cut off a branch of that and make it our Christmas tree." I had to think for just a second, and decided there really couldn't be anything more Hawaiian than an orange tree. Why not? I loved the idea. With saw in hand Rusty and the girls headed out back to cut down our Christmas tree while I prepped the living room. I think the pictures show "the rest of the story."

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE it!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a wonderful Christmas tree. So creative and fesitive!!
ReplyDelete