Friday, August 6, 2010

Parent Prom

A few weeks ago Rusty and I went to the prom. I bet you never thought I would go to the prom with my baby. Or maybe you did. A girl at church planned the "parent prom," and we had a great time with it. Bishop even reminded all of the men to make sure and ask the girl of their choice or someone else might ask them. Oooh, scary. A bunch of us planned a "group date" for the day of the prom (kids included. Who can afford a babysitter all day?) We had a beach afternoon complete with supposed Johnny Depp sightings. They have been filming the next pirates movie on Kauai and everyone is pretty Johnny Depp crazy. Yours truly not included. I haven't even seen the last two pirates movies. After the group date, a few of the girls met up at Dawn's house to get ready for the prom together. I even let them paint my toenails. Genevieve brought supplies to make boutineers for our "dates." Rusty dropped the kids off at the babysitters (we had to bundle babysitting due to the limited number of babysitters) and came to pick me up at Dawn's house. He honked the horn when he pulled up in the driveway. Jeff (Dawn's husband) informed Rusty that no one would be picking up a date at his house with a horn honk. Not that he ever has to worry, they have three boys. Rusty thought his honk plan was hilarious. I got a picture of all the girls with their dates except Genevieve who went home to get her honey. John won the tenderness award when he showed up with a corsage for Wendi. The music was supplied by everyone who brought their ipods, so we got plenty of country music to dance to. We were asked to bring pictures of ourselves from our high school proms. Neither Rusty or I wanted to bring pictures of ourselves with our high school prom dates. Rusty took both of our pictures and color copied them. He cut us out of our pictures and taped us together. He did a really good job and had a few people going until they saw the red yarn remnants from a craft project that were stuck to the tape. Last but not least, Ridge went to his first prom with an older woman. Macy has him by a good 4 months.

Me, Russ, and Ridge.

How does my first boutineer look, Mom?

Mike and Holly.

Jeff and Dawn.

John and Wendi. Look at that corsage. Way to go John!

Ridge and Macy. Does it get any cuter than that tie?





No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive