We haven't ever done anything special for April Fools Day. I thought about it last year and it came and went before I made any plans. This year we were planning on going to a movie on the beach Friday night so we had a special April Fools dinner on Thursday, March 31st. I thought about fooling the girls, but decided it would be more fun to include them in the plans and fool Daddy. We planned our menu...Meat loaf and salad with cupcakes for dessert and fruit punch to drink. The salad was...drum roll...salad. Now, the exciting part. The meatloaf was a regular rice krispy treat made with cocoa krispies and a little extra cocoa. We shaped it in a bread pan and cut it into slices, just like meatloaf. The cupcakes were a recipe for meatballs. We put the mixture into foil cupcake wrappers and baked them. The frosting is potatoes dyed pink and spread on top of the meatball "cupcake." Our special fruit punch was actually jello that could not be sucked through the deceiving straws. We had fun planning and making the dinner, discussing how we could keep it a secret until it was time to eat, and practicing how we would yell, April Fools! For me the best part was the shining glow in the girls' eyes when Rusty went to take a drink from his straw. They screamed April Fools and started laughing hysterically and pointing with huge ear to ear grins. I caught some of it with my camera. Rusty was, as usual, the best sport and did a great job hamming it up. I can't imaging we will ever go another year without a plan for an April Fools.

Alyssa say's to me, when we read this "Maybe you could do that"
ReplyDeleteI say thanks for being a great mom and raising the standard I have to live up too! No really this was so fun and you are a great mom!