Sunday, April 10, 2011

"The Wall"

This is "the wall." Our house is on one side. The neighbor's house is on the other side. Any afternoon you will hear someone yelling over the wall for someone else to join them in an adventure. This weeks adventure was a pet shop. For sale were a snail and an earthworm. It took about 15 minutes to catch the merchandise and the rest of the week was spent making posters and dreaming of the gold mine the pet shop would be. Total posters made were about 60. Total amount of money made, $1.10. The neighbors mom paid 10 cents for the worm. I got hooked for a dollar for the snail. This is how it went down.

Kyleigh - "mom, the neighbors mom paid 10 cents for our worm."
Me - "Oh, yeah, that's neat.
K - "We still have our snail for sale."
Me- "Hmmm, how much are you asking."
K - "One dollar"
Me - "Wow, that's a lot of money for a snail."
K - "Yea, but it is the cutest snail ever AND it comes with it's own house."
Me (How can you deny that sales ability) "O.K., that sounds like a good deal, but who will take care of it?"
K - I could take care of it for you.
Me- "O.K., I'll take it."

Later, Kyleigh tried to charge me 10 cents a day for a snail sitting fee. I had to draw the line. No snail sitting fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive