A few different times I have seen a random deal come across my groupon emails for a couples ropes course and dinner. I thought about it several times and finally bought the groupon. I am so glad I did. We went to a big warehouse gym type place across town called bodies in motion. It had a little cafe inside, the ropes course, a jumpy type area that was having a bday party with spiderman while we were there and a laser tag area. We checked in with several other couples. They harnessed us up and gave us our options. Because the course was around 16 feet above the ground you had to get up in one of three ways. You could climb a ladder, go up a rope with what looked like rock climbing holds, or climb a rope that had the unstable equivalent of knots to place your feet on. The last was the hardest and if you got up they would let you write your name on the ceiling. So that is what we did. One girl struggled up the rope, and her husband, who tried it after her, couldn't make it up. That stunk for him. Someone that went up before us asked what is the fastest time anyone had made it up in. They said they didn't really know because they don't time it. I went up before Russ. Then he came up the rope so fast all of the workers got excited and said that was definitely the fastest anyone had ever gone up. They gave him a donut later for being so fast.
Once you were up they let you have free rein of the course. There was a vertical rope ladder to climb across, steel beams that swung, platforms to swing to (pictured), and swinging bars that you had to swing together on to get from one to the next (among other things). I loved it, but it would not be for anyone afraid of heights. One girl in front of me was terrified and crying and had to go down halfway through.
When the time was up they had dinner for us at the little cafe. I would highly recommend this for anyone (not afraid of heights) if you ever get the chance.

Only you, Mandie, only you. You look great!
ReplyDeleteShauna