Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cow Appreciation Day

I might be the last person in the world to know about cow appreciation day (CAD).  In case I am not, here is the jist...Once a year at Chick Filet you get free food if you dress like a cow.  This summer Rusty had an employee named Spencer who is well versed in all things free.  He let us know when Jacksons was having 10 cent soda days, when to get free smoothies at jamba juice and, most importantly, he taught us about cow appreciation day.  So, to dress up like cows I pulled a black shirt and shorts out for each of us.  Then I cut shapes out of typing paper and stuck it on the clothes with painters tape.  I found some random winter hats for all of us that looked remotely animal like.  Mine really just looks like I am trying to be a thief but that is OK. I also made signs for the kids, that said, of course, "Eat Mor Chikin."   We went to chick filet and got our free meals and nobody questioned the validity of our awesome costumes.  When I say free food I mean each of us got a whole meal, sandwich, fries, and drink.  We texted this picture to some of our family.  Rusty's sister was so excited.  She said this is the first year she has missed CAD since her kids were little (probably 10 years).  Scandalous.  Friends don't let friends miss CAD!  This was so fun that I am going to look up next years date in January and put it on the calendar.  You should too.  Happy Cow Appreciation Day.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a fun way to get free lunch!
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete



Blog Archive